HERE ARE THE BASICS
WHAT INFO IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
- Nothing Personal. Unless you willingly share it with me... like when you sign up for my MerMail Email Updates! And in that instance, I only collect your name and email address. This is voluntary, and the information is only gathered so I can send you email updates as you requested. I do not need to know, nor do I want know, more personal details about you or your life and do not want you to share them! Hahaha!
- Some Random Odds and Ends. There are tracking software thingies, such as cookies, that do take a peculiar interest in your interests and actions though. They aren't anything to worry about, and don't collect personal information, although they do like to see what websites you've been to and if you live in the US or not! (Strange creatures... cookies!)
- Only what is Needed. If I NEED personal information (like WHERE your house is if you have paid me to be a mermaid/fairy at your child's birthday party) I will NOT share it anywhere or with anyone unless necessary. (My mer-wrangler drives me places, so he would be an example of someone who would need to know). The same goes for any information collected upon signing up to my email list. I respect your privacy!
- Information from Of-Age Individuals: I do NOT knowingly collect any information from individuals ages 13 and younger. This website is not intended anyone ages 13 or younger. I am a Goth-Mermaid... I sometimes talk about adult things, dress in mermaid-adult ways and talk about things that would "ruin the magic." This website is for adults... not children. (If your children come to this site, please know that it is against my policies and that my website is not tailored towards them.)
DO I SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Identifiable Information: No. Not unless it is necessary to perform a service or business transaction for you (EX: Sharing your home address with my mer-wrangler so that we can find your house for the party you paid for.) Or for legal reasons (EX: If threaten to cause harm to yourself, others, ect. and I need to notify authorities.).
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Yes. Some information may be collected to track your internet behaviors via "Cookies" through Third-Party Websites/ Third-Party Services. (EX: A "Cookie" may track to see what websites you visit so that any ads on this website can be tailored towards your interests.) This information is very non-specific and cannot be used to identify who you are. It can, however, show Third-Party Websites/ Services statistics and information about the general likes, interests, and general information about who is attracted to my website. (What country you're from, what age-group you fall into, ect. ect.)
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU STILL DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR PRIVACY HERE?
- Turn Off/ Block Cookies
- Unsubscribe (or do NOT subscribe) to the email list
- Or... Don't use the website!
OTHER THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Links to Other Websites: I do not have control over any of the websites that may be linked to through my website via ads, direct links, ect. Make sure to read their Privacy Policies, since they will be different than mine.
- Affiliate Links: Some of the links on my website may be "Affiliate Links," which means that I can make money from a purchase that you make from that link. While will only post links to products that I like and trust (and purchasing through said link does not cost you any extra money), I do need to make you aware of them legally. If ever they are posted, you will see a "Disclaimer" on/around the web page where they are posted. Affiliate Links do track your online activity using cookies.
- Common Sense: While I will always do my best to keep my website a safe little nook of magic on the internet, it is still part of the internet. And so... make sure to practice common sense. Don't publish your personal information where the whole world can see it (EX: Putting your telephone number in the comments of a blog post.). Be safe. Be Smart. Be over the age of 13.
HERE IS THE MORE TECHNICAL STUFF
What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
TheMagicCrafter.com is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. I only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give me via email or other direct contact from you. I will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
I will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted me. I will not share your information with any third party outside of my company, The Magic Crafter LLC, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from me and TheMagicCrafter.com at any time. You can do the following whenever you would like by contacting me via the email address that is given on my website (Phantom@TheMagicCrafter.com) and by clicking "unsubscribe" on email news letters. If you want to email me with concerns about your privacy, feel free to email me and I will do my best to help you. Contact me to:
• See what data that I have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data I have about you.
• Have me delete any data that I have about you.
• Express any concern that you have about my use of your data.
I take precautions to protect your information. You can feel safe knowing that when you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever TheMagicCrafter.com collects sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to me in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. (Which is a trick that I just learned about... awesome!!!)
While I use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, I also protect your information offline. Only employees (such as my "Mertenders/merwranglers") who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service, finding the location of your event) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which I store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
I may request information from you on certain order forms throughout the website. To purchase services and certain products from me, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If I have trouble processing an order, I will use this information to contact you so that we can get the situation taken care of.
I use something called "cookies" on this website (no, they do not come in chocolate chip!). A cookie is a piece of data stored on a website visitor's hard drive to help me and certain Third Party Websites/ Third Party Services, as applicable, to improve your access to TheMagicCrafter.com and identify repeat visitors to the website. (Cookies are very curious creatures!) For instance, when my website uses a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, which saves you time while on the website. (Though... you don't have to worry about logging in, since I don't have a log-in option... but the example is nice!) Cookies can also allow me and Third Party Services/ Third Party Websites, when applicable, to track and target the interests of users of my website to enhance their experience while here. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on my website. (Basically, they just want to know what it is that you like!)
I use the Third Party Service, www.SquareSpace.com to host my website and TheMagicCrafter.com may contain links to other Third Party Services or Third Party Websites. I share aggregated demographic information with my partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. (Basically, you are lumped in with a bunch of other people so that measurable information can be obtained. Need an example? Maybe they are looking to see how many people from Sweden are going to my site on a Saturday...?)
If/when orders are placed through this website (though right now, you can only purchase physical goods through my Etsy Store) I use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes other than filling your order. Make sure to read their Privacy Policies if you have concerns, as they are separate from my company. :)
I may also partner with another party to provide specific services (such as an email newsletter service). When/if you, the user, signs up for these services, TheMagicCrafter.com will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services. (Example: If you sign up to an email subscription and they ask for your name, chances are that they will send you an email later saying "Hi, Phantom!" so that it sounds more personal.)
TheMagicCrafter.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. (This helps to support me in doing what I do so that I can keep on creating content for you! It does not cost you anything, but I am legally bound to disclose my participation in this program with you. When links are posted on a blog post, I will disclose it to you as well.)
This website (TheMagicCrafter.com) contains links to other websites of which I do not have control over. Please do be aware that I am not responsible for any of the content or privacy practices of such other websites and that when you visit them, you are stepping out of the magical world of TheMagicCrafter.com, and off onto another website. I encourage you to be aware of this when you leave my website and to always be certain to read the Privacy Policies and Terms of Service of any other website that collects personally identifiable information. (Though, if you're reading this right now, I'm going to assume that you already do take the time to read the Privacy Policies of other websites... in which case, good for you!)
Have a Magical Day!!